Friday, March 20, 2015

Celebrate Spring!



Hello and happy spring to you! Oh, the turning of the promise to this glorious season! You just can't beat it. :) Do you have any special plans?



I have employed the services of my trusty (and wonderful) brother-in-law to take me shopping for a bicycle tomorrow!


I have ridden and loved my cruiser since I got it for my 30th birthday 16 years ago. But that was when I lived in much flatter Minneapolis. Florida is flat as a pancake too and the cruiser was fine there as well. But now I live near the mighty Mississippi and we have hills all around that direct our course down to that fair waterway. So, I am in need of something with gears and speeds if I want to ride regularly, which I do!



The remains of my Christmas gift money will go farther if I find something used. Cute or pretty would be most welcome, but it is not at the top of my priority list. This is why I am bringing the bike expert along with me.

Martha Stewart featured her own bike expert on her channel the other day and (if you can get beyond the annoyance of Martha continually interrupting her guest) they share some great tips for a wonderful season of riding.


The one thing I would like to learn that would help me to feel more secure when I am out and about on my bike is to learn how to change a flat tire. Thankfully, I've never been in that situation, but wanting to ride more, I don't think it is something I will be able to avoid forever!

We are warmer this spring than we have been since the unusually warm spring of 2012 when we moved back here from Florida. Still, our trees will not be blooming like these photos until May for certain.



Do you have any special plans to usher in this season of delicate beauty?


Images 1, 2, 3, 4
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...