Friday, March 27, 2015

About Towns :: March 27, 2015

Can you believe we went from this:



to this:



overnight?

Par for the course in Minnesota though. Yes, buds are wanting to bloom around here, but we always end up with some lingering snowy days before we go all glowy-green around here.

Thankfully, it's mostly acting like spring around these parts which means that this lovely display was actually gone by the afternoon and all the salt spray on my car got washed away by the snow melt.

Remember how I went bike shopping last weekend? Well, I did find a bicycle that I'm hoping will transform my life! Okay... maybe not my life, but at least my riding.

Last spring I hoped for big biking adventures. But my cruiser bike with only a single speed just doesn't lend itself to the terrain around here. And then my dad suffered sudden, complete hearing loss and the whole nature of my summer shifted to helping him get the help he needed (he now has a cochlear implant, by the way, and is hearing again in a whole new way!).

So, this year I'm trying again and we'll see. I have some plans in the works that I'll share in the coming weeks and I hope that I will be able to add to this series from the vantage point of my bike.

In the meantime we're still waiting for Mother Nature to make up her mind and just go ahead and bloom into spring. Apparently, though, we'll be needing our socks just a little while longer!


Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...