Friday, February 27, 2015

February 2015 Favorites!

Ahh... I can hardly believe that the shortest, longest month is about to come to an end once again. :) Do you feel that way about February? I have had a number of friends tell me this month is one of their least liked of the year. For those of us in the north of the Northern Hemisphere, poor February gets a bad rap! I am surprised when I see pictures of spring already emerging in other parts of the world not so far off from our own latitude. Shirley has forsythia buds bursting and crocus blooming over in England already. And Alicia is rather put out that spring has arrived - so completely it seems, from her stunning photographs - in Portland, Oregon.

Not so here. Though we are not buried under feet of snow as they are in the east - and even a wee bit in the south east (they all seem to be having so much fun with it!) - we are still cold, still very much winter.

Here are some of the things that have kept me smiling as I wait and watch the days grow longer in length.

Bodycology: Floral Rush

 

Springtime in a tube, that's what it is! I bought this in the body wash and body spray at Target a few months ago. They were out of the lotion at the time, but I picked this up the other day when I was going back for a refill on the body wash. I'm not totally out of the first body wash yet, but I don't want to run out! So, so good and this large tube of lotion is less than $3, I believe, at Target. Delightful. 


Trader Joe's Wintry Blend coffee:

 

I picked this up last week at TJ's. It was $7.99, not on sale. My favorite in this assortment is the Wintry Blend. My family - all of us coffee drinkers now - doesn't seem to care for Trader Joe's regular, french roast which is our favorite Starbucks blend. That's too bad, because Trader Joe's price is so much better. But this little can of the Wintry Blend is nice and it looks like it comes in a larger can too. I'll have to have a look for the larger can the next time I'm there. All of the coffees in this little sampler were good; have a try if you get the chance!

Beverage Warmer!!


And speaking of coffee...it's the little things, isn't it? I love my hot things HOT: soup, tea, coffee, dinner... if it's meant to be hot, I like it to stay that way. I was regularly getting up to warm my mug halfway through drinking my morning tea before I found this little winner. I usually don't care for plastic, electric devices... I don't know... I think it looks pretty tacky. But when I was out doing some Christmas shopping back in December at Bed Bath and Beyond, I saw this item in the stocking stuffer section for under $5!! It was too good a price not to give it a try. After I brought it home and started using it... and started moving it around with me and plugging and unplugging it in different spots, I just went back and bought another! :) So now I have one near my "morning spot" and one at my vanity. I could actually use another upstairs at my desk... but I haven't made another trip out to BB&B to see if they have any left. Well worth it, though! And tacky or not, it's definitely a favorite of mine!!

Mineral Oil

 

Beauty bloggers and vloggers will often refer to certain products as their "holy grail" products; items they purchase again and again because they perform or out-perform the competition.  Well, plain mineral oil is that for me in terms of keeping dry skin at bay in this winter weather - or even year-round, actually. I pick up Target's Up & Up brand because it's under $2 and it works perfectly. I smooth it on after every shower or bath and my skin is amazingly soft. I mean, I am even surprised at how soft it has become. I used to have trouble patches where I had dry skin where it would get tiny bumps, especially on the backs of my arms and backs of my thighs. But no more at all! Elbows and heels are soft too. Any flaky, itchy skin I would get from time to time on my legs also because of the dry winter air is no longer a problem either. It just works. 

I'm sure a number of kinds of oils would work if used religiously. I just mention mineral oil, because it is so inexpensive and you can also add a drop or two of an essential oil to it if you want to add a bit of fragrance.

My New Bag


I was so happy to find this bag that I found new, never used, at Savers this month. Tags inside showed me that it is a "Just Fab" bag, which after doing a quick search, I learned is an accessory subscription service. I think it's something like $40 a month and they send you bags or shoes or something like that. Subscription services seem to be all the rage right now, don't they? I don't have that kind of discretionary income where I let someone else pick a bag or shoes or makeup for me. I get that it would be a fun surprise. And my understanding is that with some services, like this one from Just Fab, if you don't like what they send you, you can send it back. I suppose if you hate shopping, don't have the time, or can't figure out your style, or want to change up your style and need some help in doing that, it might be a fun thing to try. Me, I'm happy that I got this bag for under $15, because I'm guessing someone that got it for their subscription, didn't want to take the time to send it back! :) The purse I had been using was a pretty good size (this new one is the biggest one I've carried in years), but it was heavy. It was even heavy by itself with nothing in it and it was hurting my shoulder. I like that this one has a cross-body strap and it's much lighter despite its size.

Custom Journal/Planner




And last, but not least, is my journal that is actually a planner from PersonalPlanner.com. I already talked about it here and here, but I have started using it and I am quite happy with it so far. You'd think that I was an affiliate for the company, but I'm not. I just love that I was able to design my own cover and customize the inside. Such a treat from beginning to end! :)

So those are some of my favorites of this past month. Let me know if you give anything here a try! Did you have anything that added some sparkle to this month for you?
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...