Saturday, January 4, 2014

Hello 2014 ~ Just a Quick Note

Checking in to welcome the new year. I'm four days late, but I just haven't been focused on blogging for a few weeks. No pictures today, as I've got a few other things I want to get to, but I did want to check in to say hello.

It's a COLD winter for us this year and there's lots of snow on the ground that just keeps coming and when it's not coming, it's blowing. It's not pleasant to get outside to exercise, though when it is, we are out there in droves! The week of Christmas we had a couple of days in the upper 20's and then even close to 40 one day. I saw a lot of sledders and walkers out when I took my own lap around the neighborhood.

But for the most part, it's been too cold. All of our funds are pointed toward college for the girls at this point, so there's no community center membership this year. So, this week I pulled out the workout DVD's again after giving myself a holiday from exercising. Mostly, I've been so busy this past semester with the huge amount of schedule juggling and homework, there was little time for exercise. When I did get free time, the last thing I wanted to do was work out. It wasn't even really the workout that I didn't want to do, but all the time needed for it which includes the shower and if I exercised before any activity, then there was the hair, makeup, etc. My hair was a lot longer last semester and took waaaay too much time to get it looking like I wanted it. I finally cut it at the end of October and I even cut it a bit more last week after I dropped off Mom and Jerry at the airport. Hopefully I just won't have to mess so much and have that take so much time.

So, it's back to fitting in exercise where I can and of course, it feels so good. That extra oxygen to my body always makes my skin look better - more alive! - and my muscles - if sore - feel better too. While like most people I don't care for severe cold, I like the winter months for being inside and cozy and not feeling so compelled to be out and busy busy in the yard. I love that time of year too, but I am thankful for the winter break. That said, I crave moving my body, so I'll be working hard to fit that in more.

So, that's where I am at the beginning of this year. We're easing back into school: starting first with our own homeschool this week on the 2nd. The week of the 13th begins college classes again for me and Maia and then the following week begins the homeschool co-op and the PLAY rehearsals for Maia too. So, things are going to ramp up, but I appreciate the pace at which they are being added back into my life.

In the meantime, this weekend and next week will see us mostly on our butts in front of the fire when we aren't shoveling snow, drinking and eating hot things, keeping those birds and squirrels and bunnies well-fed in the back yard, and yes, exercising.

Hope your 2014 is off to a good start!
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...