Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook: Satuday, July 13, 2013



Every now ant then I participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook link up when I have just too many other things on my plate and blogging needs to be, well... simple!

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... I see the rooftops of the neighbors' houses from my schoolroom attic window. A lovely, cool breeze is blowing in and keeping things quite comfortable in an otherwise warm part of the house.

I am thinking... that the new links at the bottom of my current posts that show old posts of mine are a nice addition. I can go back and take a peek at a past random day of my life. Sometimes looking at too much of the past is too bittersweet for me, so I tend to avoid it, but this is just little bits and it's making me happy.

I am thankful... for this format for blogging as I continue on in my challenge to blog every day.

In the kitchen... everyone is on their own today, because today is Saturday! Kids do learn how to cook on their own and I've enjoyed weekends off of cooking duties for the past couple of years.

I am wearing... a navy blue tank top and khaki shorts. I'm barefoot. I ran 3 miles this morning and haven't done anything more with myself other than shower and dress.

I am creating... this blog, putting the finishing touches on Eve's stuffed mousie I've knitted for her, a flier for our neighborhood block party coming up in August, a Bible study group beginning in a little over a week, a knit scarf for charity

I am going... over to my neighbor's house to deliver the completed block party fliers. to redo the fliers another day. :(

I am wondering... if I'll lose patience with my hair and get it cut. It just takes a long time to style and I'm beginning to wonder if I still want to deal with it.

I am reading... The Yada-Yada Prayer Group, The Goose Girl, and I'll begin listening to The Orphan Master's Son probably tomorrow.

I am hoping... that all the plans I have for fall won't overwhelm me when the time comes!

I am looking forward to... singing with our church worship team for the first time Wednesday night and a "sleepover" on Friday night with the girls up north at a friend's farm!

I am learning... that all the copies of the block party fliers have a spelling error on them! Ugh.

Around the house...everything is pretty mellow and quiet with everyone working on their various, individual hobbies/projects.

I am pondering... what my menu for the upcoming week is going to be.

One of my favorite things... right now is lying out on an old comforter in our back yard with a pillow, a good book, and a glass of iced tea.

A few plans for the rest of the week: singing on Wednesday, a "Church Without Walls" meeting on Thursday, and the farm trip on Friday.

A peek into my day... My Letter Writers Alliance membership letter arrived on Thursday! Super fun!







Have a great Saturday!

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...