Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tomorrow, Tomorrow!

Tomorrow is the day we close! I am taking a few more days away from here to get our move COMPLETE! I know I haven't been here the past week or so, but we're still with just one shared computer among 4 people and still have plenty of loose-ends to finish - packing etc. before we're settled.

I'm tired of talking about this lead-up to the move and excited for the new beginning! In the meantime, I am LOVING this summer novel I posted about starting earlier and highly reccomend it! If you enjoyed Anne of Green Gables, I think you will love this one.

Pilgrim's Inn by Elizabeth Goudge

Goudge is another writer, like Montgomery, who conveys such a love of place. The place even almost becomes a character in the story. I adore stories like this, since I share that same personification and connection to places.

There are gorgeous descriptions of homes and landscapes in this book as well as ordinary lives elevated by the presence of love. Ms. Goudge writes with great insight and there are many interesting life lessons that are eloquently conveyed through her charming cast of characters. It's a wonderful summer read!
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...