Monday, June 11, 2012

A Simple Woman's Daybook for June



Sometimes I think it's kind of "cheating" when it comes to blogging with The Simple Woman's Daybook, but... it's JUNE! Can you believe it's the 11th already??? And we're all sharing the computer, since a virus has attacked the Mr.'s and mine. Plus, it's a lovely, simple tradition that has been happening in the blogosphere for a number of years. I'm thankful that Peggy created it, that she keeps it going, and enjoy participating now and again.

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... it's breezy and cool after a sultry weekend. It's a welcome relief, since we're just two more weeks in our rental and decided against installing all the window unit air conditioners that the landlords left in the basement. But there are NO fans in this house; the cool-front is much appreciated!

I am thinking... about my meatless menu. Well, not really, but here it is (a good way to squeeze it in this Monday!):

Monday:  Lasagne, rolls, and peaches
Tuesday: Veggie burgers, Corn/Chickpea Salad
Wednesday: Eggless Egg Salad Sandwiches, Coleslaw, and Smoothies
Thursday: Corn Chowder
Friday: Stir Fry
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Alaskan Tomato Soup

I am thankful... that after a full and busy weekend, I do not have to go anywhere today!

In the kitchen... are fresh-picked strawberries from my sister's patch. I'm freezing this batch for her family, as they are out of town this week and will miss some of peak-picking time! Also, fresh basil, dill, arugula, and lettuces came home with me today.

I am wearing... pink and brown plaid shorts and a gray v-neck t-shirt since I'm not going anywhere or (planning on) seeing anyone. Scintillating reading, this, I know. :)

I am creating... a knitted pullover. Working and working, albeit slowly, on Joelle Hoverson's Hourglass Sweater whenever I get a chance. Here it is on Ravelry. It's perfect, mindless knitting for this busy, moving season in my life.

I am going... nowhere today! Aaaahhh.

I am wondering... how tonight's new vegan lasagne recipe will taste.

I am reading... a lot, as usual. Pilgrim's Inn by Elizabeth Gouge is one. Loving it! Also, Freckles by Gene Stratton Porter on my Kindle.

I am hoping... to be running again soon. Tried it out again last week and ended up with a sore foot. More waiting...


I am looking forward to... rounding out our curriculum for the fall. I think we may do a unit study for the majority of our work this year. This one looks amazing and I think that's what we'll be doing. I'm so excited; it will be our first unit study in all 12 years of homeschooling I've been doing. It will be fun to do something different and I'm hoping we'll all have a great time doing it!

I am learning... a great deal in the book of Daniel thanks to our Sunday Bible studies using Beth Moore's Daniel: Lives of Integrity, Words of Prophecy.

Around the house... I am evaluating what we can live without again for the next week and packing things away.


I am pondering... homemaking and how much I love it. :)
One of my favorite things... is living in the city. I love walking to my sister's house to work in our shared garden. I love seeing the sights along the way. I love the variety of gardens: neat, sloppy, creative, new, old, flowering. On my walk today I saw people waiting for the bus, a toddler watching her grown-up garden, little asian children playing in their yard, a girl sail by on her skateboard, a man mowing his little lawn with an electric lawn mower, another man pondering his garden, and the neat-as-a-pin-garden-lady out mowing her yard too (of course), folks at the coffee shop, and three, middle-school aged boys out on a walk, heading who-knows-where on their summer vacation.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Driver's Ed continues for Maia with our other homeschool friends on Tuesday and Wednesday. Helping Dad get a fitness membership later in the week. The usual taekwondo classes for the girls and National American Miss pageant prep training for Maia at the end of the week! I can hardly believe my daughter is going to be in a pageant. Thankfully, it's a bit different from run-of-the-mill pageants; this one based on public speaking skills, community service, etc.


And that's that! Hope your week's off to a great start!
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...