Thursday, January 13, 2011

You Know You're a Grownup When...

Now THIS is fabulous!  I'd made something similar years ago, but lost the file in one of the computer upgrades.  I started to make another one and then I said to myself, "Self, " I said, "I bet there are many grocery shopping list templates out there on the world-wide webby already." And I looked and I found one.  But, being vegan, I was going to have to do a lot of modifying of it.  But then I said again, "Self, you know there is probably a vegetarian shopping list out there too.  Why not check before you reinvent the wheel?" And so I did, and so there WAS!  The list was modifiable for my family's needs and now, oh, it's just brilliant as far as I'm concerned.  It jogs my memory.  But more than that, other family members can simply check the list when we run out of something.  Having had a few years of mommy experience under my belt, I am not naive enough to think that this will always work, but hopefully we'll have fewer moments of walking to the cabinet only to find the last of the bread has been used and not reported to the bread buyer!

You know you're a grownup when you get excited about appliances... and grocery lists.
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...