Monday, December 27, 2010

This Morning...


...I am trying to catch up on a few days of morning devotionals.  I have others, but I stick with Oswald Chambers year round and year after year, because he challenges me unlike any other.


... I am wanting to write.  But there is a sleeping girl in the living room that wake upon my arrival. She is surrounded by friends - new and old - a flashlight for reading in case she gets scared in the night and stacks of comics and books. And then the busyness of the day ensues. 

... I am thinking about goals for the new year, taking this last, slower-paced week before our homeschool days begin anew to reflect and look ahead.  It's one of my favorite weeks of the year.  The craziness of the weeks ahead is gone (some of it delightful, some of it not) and this week of pause is left.  I am thankful.

Some ideas for the new year - and I'm trying to keep it simple: more knitted items for me (a.k.a. a sweater that fits me well and doesn't require me to gift it away to someone that it fits better), more writing, and more photography.  I at least want to play around with my camera a bit more.  Drawing and painting may end up on the back burner for a while... for a while.  That may prove hard in a week when my art students return... and inspire me again! :)  But, I'm trying to simplify in order to develop my crafts.



... I am wishing you one more last good week of 2010. :)
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...