Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Day for Art

After a few days of cleaning and de-cluttering, today is for playing with paint! I did the pear and apple this morning in watercolor. I thought about adding more to the background, but I like the simplicity of it better. I'm working on some peppers now.

I did this sketch of my husband on Sunday night as he worked in his puzzle book with our daughter, Eve. I was going to draw her too, but she was just too wiggly as usual! I am SO disappointed though in the ink from the other side of the page that crept through. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this journal now... I reeeeeallly don't like that things are bleeding through. I also hate leaving things undone and I've already started in this book. :( I could just use if for collage, but I'm not much of a collage artist. So, what to do? I could also use it as a primarily written journal. *sigh* It's not what I originally wanted, so I'll have to see. I definitely have learned that I prefer using watercolor paper. So much of what I do is with watercolor or watercolor pencil or gouache. I don't know what I was thinking... I guess I was thinking that at least the ink or markers wouldn't bleed through, but they do. Grrr. Live and learn.


Finally, below the sketch of Paul is one of my dog, Lucy. She is lying like that right now. She's always snoozing somewhere nearby me. And nearly always with a bit of her tongue sticking out! :)
Hope you're have a good Thursday!


Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...