Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Color, Color, Color!

Oh, gee, it's just been TOO long since I've posted. But, I guess that's what can happen when you've been at this blogging thing for nearly 3 years. I know others are much more prolific than I, but this is what it is and I just haven't felt up to it of late. That said, here I am!

I hadn't felt inspired by too much of late - not enough to post anyway, but color always inspires me and I came across this fantastic deal today and it just made me SMILE.

I was out running errands in the rain and stopped in at Goodwill to pick up some sweaters for unravelling when I spotted this wonderful valance:


Yay for color! It really livens up our little eat-in/schooling area and was an inexpensive addition at only $2.99 per valance. I actually thought it was homemade due to the fun color combination. It kind of put me in mind of Anna Maria Horner's things. Seeing as I don't sew, none of her fun fabrics have found their way into my house, but I can tell you I was thrilled with these! At home I finally found a tag: JCPenney Home Collection. Hmm. Who knew? I'm impressed, JCPenney!
More color, but this time we're wearing it! I gave myself a couple of blue streaks in my hair this weekend and then got it cut on Monday. Just needed something different... something unusual... something more me.

You can see a little of the front blue streak by my left ear in the picture here.
And then the bigger one in back.



Eve got in on the fun too. She was so excited with my color and wanted to do it too. I wasn't too thrilled with the idea of us both having blue at the same time and I also told her that she'd need to pay for the color herself. I had bleach leftover from my kit, so that wouldn't be a problem.
She was disappointed until I remembered that you could dye your hair (as well as yarn!) with Kool-Aide. At .25 a packet, that was something she could afford and so she's got a strawberry streak now too! Fun, fun. It fits her sweet personality to a 'T' and will go with nearly all her pink, pink clothes! :)



I finally finished my Kepler sweater about 2 weeks ago from the yarn I recycled in February. It fits beautifully and I'm so pleased with it. Of course, now it's way to warm to wear it, but it gives me something to look forward to this autumn.
Here is the sweater the way it was before. It was a man's sweater, so that I could ensure I would have enough for a sweater of my own. And indeed I did; I have a bunch of it leftover.




And here's the finished product. I may get around to putting it on for a picture one of these days, but this will have to suffice for now.



I'm currently working on a tank top out of some bamboo yarn I bought about a year and a half ago at a yarn sale. And I just picked up those sweaters at Goodwill to unravel today. One is brown with some other colors laced through it - kind of a heathered brown with little flecks of reddish orange. The other two are white which I'll use for dyeing this summer. Two different fiber blends, so it will be interesting to see how the colors take. Fun for experimenting!
Hope you're all well. I haven't even been out in the blogosphere much of late. I've just been popping into Facebook for a few moments. I'm okay with that; it means I'm busy in the "real" world and that makes me happy too.





Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...