Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Day in America

Well, I feel I would be remiss if I didn't say something about THIS day! I'm not going to wax eloquent about it; plenty of folks have done so already and I'm sure there is more to come.

But I can tell you I am excited and happy. I am happy that I will be getting the opportunity, as a homeschooling mama, to watch all the festivities with my children. I plan to make a batch of "Inauguration Cupcakes." Nothing fancy, but just some yummies to mark the occasion.

I am thrilled to be alive at this moment in our nations' history. I feel blessed to see all the people who were part of our nation's civil rights movement have the opportunity to enjoy this pinnacle moment in time.

I'm sure we'll be spending a lot of time in front of the t.v. tomorrow. I know I'll also be spending a lot of time on my knees for this new president who stirs up so much emotion among people. Please join me in remembering him and his family throughout his time in office. I look forward to seeing the whole of what he has to offer.

Happy Inauguration Day!
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...