Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook III


Read more Daybook entries here.

FOR TODAY, Nov. 18, 2008...
Outside my window... the sun is sparkling on the slate-gray pond. The wind is blowing cold air from the North.

I am thinking... that I would like to try to blog every day for a month at least. I don't think there would be pictures every day... it wouldn't always be stellar writing or deep thoughts, but just a record here of me, every day. Hmmmm....

I am thankful for... our warm, cozy house, the pleasant, happy nature of my children, and having Paul here in the mornings.

From the learning rooms... A "Tree of Thankfulness" grows more leaves every day as we head toward Thanksgiving.

From the kitchen... comes the aroma of coffee and sounds of breakfast in the making.

I am wearing... striped, green and blue flannel pj bottoms and a gray, thermal top.

I am creating... oh, so many Christmas gifts! Shhhhhh!

I am going... over to Mom's to dinner tonight.

I am reading... mostly just magazines at the moment ~ getting ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I am hoping... for a peaceful, simple holiday season.

I am hearing... my family in the kitchen.

Around the house... are various projects tucked here and there away from wondering eyes.

One of my favorite things... is when all the chores are done and I can sit, cuddled with a blanket - or someone next to me - and knit, knit, knit.

A few plans for the rest of the week: A slower week compared to last! We'll go to our science co-op tomorrow. I need to get some organic pesticide for some little creature that is chomping on my Swiss Chard. I my have Mom and some friends over this coming Monday for a knitting group and then all the preparations for Thanksgiving are in the works.

Here is picture thought I am sharing... sorry. Nothing today. I MUST get to teaching school and I'm picking up my camera tonight at Mom's.

Have a wonderful day!
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...