Monday, November 24, 2008

Bring on the Knit Wits!

School is a bit looser this week as I ready our home for our Thanksgiving feast! First, though, tonight I am having my mom, some of her friends, and my mother-in-law over for the first meeting of the Knit Wits!

My mom's good friend L. Jane wanted to start a knitting group last year, but never got around to it before she headed north again for the summer - snowbird that she is. She had wanted to call her group the Knit Wits. That's classic L. Jane.

Fast-forward to this year and mom's beau and L. Jane's husband will be playing cards on Monday nights. Mom wondered if I'd like to do something and I mentioned having everyone come over to knit. So, Mom is bringing L. Jane and another friend, Bea, who likes to crochet. I just taught my mother-in-law to knit last week, so she'll be coming with her scarf-in-progress. And I invited my neighbor, Nancy, over to learn if she would like, or just visit. Nancy is my neighbor's mother. She and her husband would winter with their son and then a year and a half ago, her husband passed away and now she lives with his family (a.k.a. my neighbor and pastor) next door. She hasn't met too many women her age, so I'm hoping she'll join us for a while.

Of course, this makes me the only one, other than my girls, under 60 in the group. This is really fine with me; I love being with groups of women of any age. But I do need some 30's and 40's to represent!! So, I invited a neighbor down the street and she said she'll be able to come in a couple of weeks.

I'm really looking forward to our group tonight and know it will be a time of blessing for everyone.

So, if you are in the U.S., are you hosting Thanksgiving at your house this year, or are you traveling over the river and through the woods to someone else's place? I will post more about our upcoming Thanksgiving Day tomorrow... as well as news about a Major Award! :)

Have a great evening everyone!
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...