Monday, June 2, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Today I am participating in Peggy's, "The Simple Woman's Daybook", which she hosts every Monday. You can stop in to visit others' daybooks or join in too!


FOR TODAY Monday, June 2, 2008...

Outside My Window... the sun is shining and the air is still over Sparkle Pond. A blue jay and red-winged blackbird have alighted into the tree and are having breakfast at the feeder. A few, lavender blossoms still cling to the jacaranda tree.

I am thinking... about the task before me of getting the kitchen organized and deep-cleaned today; I am strangely excited about this! :)

I am thankful for... a healthy, vibrant family, friends new and old around me, and... summer vacation!

From the kitchen... Pinto beans will be simmering on the stove. I'll be making sun tea today and fresh guacamole to go with our tacos tonight - served in blue hard shells!

I am wearing... a white, cotton tank top and chocolate brown shorts

I am creating... a knit pair of socks ~ 3/4 done on those, a crocheted blanket for Project Linus ~ almost done with that too, and a new, knit washcloth for the kitchen. I'm also in the middle of a self-designed, embroidered piece that I hope to frame... someday! :)

I am going... to the market this morning to pick up a few more things that I couldn't get at Whole Foods this past Saturday.

I am reading... my Bible, Living More with Less (I have a read-along over at my blog!) and waiting for some requests to come in from the library.

I am hoping... that the weather will not turn sticky and I can leave the doors and windows open all day!

I am hearing... many birds singing and the moorhen scolding it's neighbor on the pond.

Around the house... my kettle of tea should be singing to me at any moment and I'll need to wake the girls.

One of my favorite things... is sitting out on the lanai and having my Bible and journaling time.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Knitting group Tonight
Beach on Tuesday
Homeschool Evaluations on Wednesday
Re-organizing my Homekeeping planner
perhaps a chance to see the movie, "Expelled" at the dollar theater

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

A recent picture of the back yard and Sparkle Pond
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...