Monday, June 9, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook II

It's the Simple Woman's Daybook hosted by Peggy! Please take a look over there to join in!


FOR TODAY Monday, June 9, 2008...

Outside My Window... I peeped my head out to let our cat, Charlotte, inside and it smells a bit smoky. Could wildfires be burning to the north of us again?

I am thinking... of ways I could raise money to contribute to organizations which work to end the suffering of factory-farmed animals.

I am thankful for... a quiet week ahead of me.

From the kitchen... A pretty flower of pumpkin scones (vegan, of course!) just came out of the oven.

I am wearing... a magenta and purple v-neck sleeveless blouse, denim skirt, and my own bare feet!

I am creating... a 4"x 4" knitted, patterned square to add to a surprise, gift afghan for a friend. Shhhh!

I am going... to be doing a bit of math, Spanish, and playing of our recorders with my girls today.
I am reading... Halley's Bible Handbook and a few decorating books from the library.

I am hoping... you all might take a look at my Sunday post on "Contentment in the Home" and join in the conversation. I think you may enjoy it!

I am hearing... the whir of the ceiling fan above my head.

Around the house... whites will be washed today, menu planning with the girls, a bit of reading, and hopefully, knitting.

One of my favorite things... is the scent of lilacs and peonies. I know they have been blooming all around my northern friends. I envy your noses!! :)

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Errands tomorrow. A trip to the post office, to Michael's for some picture frames for some of my art work to hang in the kitchen and a birthday gift for a birthday party the girls will attend on Saturday. I will likely also pick up some new yarn for a baby gift and some little owls I have been promising to knit for my girls.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

My new shirt, which puts into words the prayers I have for a non-violent society... for the lives of the men who are paid to do this dirty work that no one else would want to do... for their spirits and humanity which must be quenched and numbed in order to do it... for their families who must live with the people who come home from a work day of killing and brutality... and for the animals... for God's gentle creatures not allowed to turn around, to see the sunshine or feel the air on their faces... who must wonder and fear and know the hand of man to only inflict cruelty.
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...