Thursday, June 26, 2008

Changes - No, Not a New Baby :)


I was on a pretty good roll for a couple of weeks here, but have had a bit of wind knocked out of my sails. My husband got laid off a week ago on Wednesday. It was a failed merger with the company he worked for and a new company. Everyone who worked with him is now out of a job. Obviously, with the economy as it is, it is not good timing. Also, commercial printing in the summer is notoriously slow anyway.

All is not lost yet, though. Paul is in good standing with his former place of employment and last Thursday, when he called them, they wanted to see him right away. So, on Friday he went and talked with them and came home encouraged, as they said they would call him. We had hoped to hear from them on Monday, but, alas, we are still waiting. So, it's a bit of limbo right now.

Regardless, it is likely things will remain tight around here. Obviously, right now there is no income. We have savings that will need to be used in combination with unemployment and that will last us a while. But if we don't hear from his former employer soon, I am going to need to do some looking for something myself to supplement us for a while. Certainly, that would change our lifestyle, though I would like to believe I can continue homeschooling. It's a wait-and-see game right now.

So, yeah. The summer is working out a bit differently than I would have liked, but we'll see.

In other and better news, I had already bought this lovely Bamboo Natural Blend yarn by Bernat for this bonnet I wanted to knit up for my friend, Jennifer, who is due with her first girl - after two boys - in August. The shower is at the end of July, so I've got some time to lace the ribbons through the eyelets yet. The pattern is a modified version of the "Beribboned Bonnet" from One Skein Wonders.


The booties are a separate pattern and yarn; the bamboo was just too thick for the booties, being a bulky weight. I used a dk wt. yarn for the booties - one that was given to me. I just love the darling pattern!! It was such a fast and easy knit! I'll definitely be making these again! You can find the free pattern at Saartje Knits.


Well, I've got some errands to get to. Hopefully, I'll be posting again in the next day or two. :)
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...