Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Paint Comes Out Again



I was listening to an old episode of the Creative Mom Podcast from last year and was wondering what I should do with the washed page I did last night. Amy was talking about self-portraits and I'd always been AFRAID of how I might render myself, but thought I'd give it a shot. I'm actually quite surprised and happy with the way it turned out. I love working with the gouache! I just tried it for the first time on Sunday and it's fun experimenting!

The funny thing is that I think it looks a little more like my sister than me... but maybe not.

Here's the one I did on Sunday.

Cactus

It feels good to be drawing and painting again. I had about a month hiatus there. It happens and may continue to. I just try to get it in when I can. I wish I were more gentle with myself about it, but there's always that "monkey mind" in the background griping at me. Nevertheless, I am glad to have made something new; hopped back on the horse, so to speak. It makes me feel happy.





Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...