Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Make a Better Choice

I am not a pushy vegetarian. I have been a vegetarian for 20 years now and I am sure that anyone who knows me would say that I do not hassle people about what they eat. Others hassle me pretty freely, yes... but I try to refrain. As Coleen Patrick-Goudreau said, "I do not wish to convert people; I want to inspire them."

This has been my m.o. for all these years and sometimes I wonder if I have not spoken up enough. I certainly don't want folks to dread seeing me coming, but really, sometimes things just need to be shared, which is why I share this video with you today.





Watch more videos at KentuckyFriedCruelty.com.


I know what happens in factory farms... or at least I know enough. Usually, I will not let myself watch these things, because I'm just SO sensitive to this kind of thing. This kind of thing, incidentally, which happens every day. But I didn't know the extremes of the kind of cruel treatment that KFC turns a blind eye to from its suppliers.

I am not asking you never to eat chicken again (though, of course, be my most welcome guest!!), but what I am asking is that you re-consider your sources for the animals you do want to eat. The best choice would be animals that are humanely raised, of course... and yet so few are. But please, please, boycott KFC and even more, let them know why if you can take the time to do it.

What it boils down to is this for me: I realize that not everyone is going to stop eating animals. But the way we raise the animals for human consumption in this present age is just wrong. It's just wrong and it's not just people who choose not to eat meat who should recognize this. North Americans are just plain spoiled by getting what they want when they want it and at the cheapest price around no matter what the cost - no matter who gets hurt or quite literally crushed in the process. But we can be better than this. I pray we can be better than this.
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...