Sunday, April 27, 2008

More "After" Shots


This post is mostly for my little sister who said she wanted to see more "after" shots of our boulevard garden. A few posts back, I commented on how shocked I've been to see how quickly the native plants we planted in October have already grown in gigantic proportion in a mere 6 months. I've already pruned the bee balm back twice! This is something that has taken some getting used to: in Minnesota the adage for perennials is, "The first year they sleep, the second year they creep, and the third year they leap!" Somehow I always seemed to move before my plants really ever leaped the way I wanted them to. Here, though, it's like the plants are on steroids or something.

Again, before:




and after:



And this, all before the rainy season has even arrived. I'm just a wee bit frightened of that prospect. :)

One more thing to share in this short, weekend post. I got some new posters! They arrived on Saturday and I just love them! Here is one and it is my favorite. I have wanted this one for a very long time, yet couldn't justify spending the money. I am still working through some of my Christmas money, so I went ahead and bought it. It makes me so happy. :)


Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...