Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Things

Look at what my mama bought me yesterday:


They can make me run fast and jump real high!

lol. :) Oh, these shoes make me smile every time I look down at my feet!


So, here it is, Friday. Sara and her family will be arriving soon. The majority of illness is but a memory - other than Maia's lingering cough from time to time. So now we just have to pray for NO RAIN. There is a chance for it tomorrow, but I am hoping for our guests' sakes that the weather will turn for the better and we'll be able to have our day at Siesta Key as we'd planned.

We wrapped our week of school yesterday and today we are officially on Spring Break! Yahoo! I am hoping with some of this new down time I will get a chance to finish some knitting WIP's and play with my new art supplies!


Some of my supplies are cheapies, but they are mainly for the purpose of exploring. I bought some gouache, which I have never worked with and a set of soft pastels. But FIRST, I will be working on my latest painting/collage that I am SOOOOOO excited about! :) I am having such a good time with it and it is very hard to tear myself away for - well, pretty much anything! It is challenging to have real life continually "interrupting" my creative work. I have to be patient with the work and be thankful for the little chunks of time that I do have to work on things. Unlike the knitting or crocheting, it is harder to paint/draw and do other things. Lately, I have been getting up earlier and working in the mornings before I need to wake the girls for school. It's working well for me for the time being.

I did get a chance to finish Eve's fingerless gloves. I want to cast on for a new pair of socks or Fetchings, but I also want to finish up my cardigan. I'm working on the first sleeve on that one right now.



So, you know, I have to say that I realize I haven't posted anything in a "go lightly" vein for a while. When I originally started my blog, I thought I would be sharing much about care and steward ship of the earth. I still do all those things, but I guess I haven't written about them much because it is such a part of me that I don't necessarily always think these things noteworthy. Also, as I have been at this for a year and a half now, I think a number of things have changed for me. I realize I write and post more about my art now; it's just where I am in the journey. I don't plan to change the name of my blog, because it still fits me, even though it may not specifically fit my blog, per se. At the same time, I named my home Golightly Place before I ever named my blog such, and it is still my home ~ growing and changing along with me.

I hope to have some fun photos to share with all of you of our time with the Janssens, our visiting family, and Easter. In the meantime, give thanks, Believers, to our Lord today, for the sacrifice he made for us on this day. Have a blessed Easter holiday!
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...