Thursday, March 6, 2008

Color!


So, new color on my blog and all around my springtime, Florida yard! Just look at the beauty that landed on our feeder today! What a shock! Painted buntings are not usually this far north; their region, in our state, is usually southern Florida, around Miami. We were breathless this morning as we watched him. I had to run and get my camera and then (of course) the batteries stopped working, so I had to run and get the charged batteries. Thank you, God, that he did not fly away!


So, today has been pretty cloudy with a cool front moving through. Yesterday was quite sunny, though, and it is my favorite time of year for my impatiens. I plant my impatiens every fall and they last through almost to the end of summer. A few survive even that and go on to another year if I pinch them back after they get pretty leggy.

But at this time of year, they are nicely filled out and when the sun shines on them they just glow.

Impatiens

The passion fruit vine is flowering wonderfully right now too. Come early summer, the butterflies will lay their eggs here, and the vine - prolific right now - will be eaten nearly to the ground, but will come back bigger and better than before! You can't go wrong with that! :)

Passion Fruit Flower

The girls have been spending a lot of time outside in the tree. Ah, our jacaranda tree; such a good friend to all.


Maia was doing a bit of bird watching (and turtle watching in the pond) herself the other day when her favorite goldfinches showed up on their way up north.


Then she moved to a better vantage point...



Meanwhile, inside, Lambie was sick yesterday morning and so he was brought to the breakfast table to be watched over carefully by Eve while she ate. I just love pictures like this, because while they are a part of my current every day, they are, in truth, too fleeting.


Finally, I had a little business with a sheep myself! I carved my first hand-carved stamp on Sunday and I really like the way it turned out! I imagine it will go quite nicely on a gift tag for hand knit items. And sheep are just my favorite mammal, so it seemed appropriate that it be my first stamp.

Baa Baa Black Sheep

I've loaded my pictures a bit differently this time; hope it doesn't cause a problem. I am hoping to have a bit more time for blogging coming up here; I feel it's been a bit neglected of late. Then again, company is coming! I'll save that for another blog post, but in the meantime, I hope these photos have added a little shot of color to a month that is just yearning to become spring!
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...