Thursday, February 28, 2008

Taken Ill


I've been down and out the past few days. Spent the day in bed again today. Last Thursday I was in bed with a cold and sinus headache. By Saturday I was feeling much better and Paul and I had a day trip on our own (girls at Grandma's) to Dunedin. I wasn't fully back to 100% - still felt a bit out of it - like I just didn't want to do much, but I thought, surely I was on the mend.

Tuesday morning's niggling sore throat turned into a raging fire by Tuesday night and an additional plugged ear with earache by Wed. So. Today sore throat is gone, but my right ear still feels like it's under water.

I've been knitting and crocheting and reading and we did school in bed again today. I'm thankful for my down-time activities, but would much rather be up and about. It is cold outside today, though, so I guess I picked a good day to be down.


I made this cute fingerless glove for Eve yesterday, which ended up being just a bit too wide for her and a bit too short - and the wrong color (she told me twice) - for Maia. So, it was frogged today, which seemed to take as long as knitting it somehow. It's back on the needles with a new pattern. We'll try again.


So that's the news from Golightly Place. Project 365 and my knitting kept me creative today in spite of feeling cruddy. I'm thankful for that too. :)
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...