Saturday, February 16, 2008

Shot Bribe


Maia, my older, had to get the chicken pox vaccine today. We were trying to wait until she was exposed, but that's never happened. I know things can get dangerous the older you get, so, at 11, when she needed a tetnus booster anyway, we knew we had to do it.

She was pretty shot-phobic, given that she hasn't had a shot in a very long time and her last memory of it was through the nerves of a much younger child.

We've also had a run-around with just GETTING to the doctor and this was our 3rd attempt. The first was exceptionally traumatic for her and she cried all 32 miles to the clinic, only to not get it that day.

So I bribed her today. Yes I did. I didn't think my heart could take another 32 mile crying car ride: You be strong and do a good job and you can get a Littlest Pet Shop. One of the little ones, but one nonetheless.

It was a great day despite the shot - that she found to be really not that bad. And it was worth every penny of the $4.99 I spent. :)
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...