Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Really I do...

...have some more interesting posts... in my head! I just haven't gotten a moment to post of late. Thanks to Project 365, I always have photos to share though. So, I've got stories and photos to share, but they'll have to wait perhaps til tomorrow. Supper needs making and doggie needs walking and then, of course, American Idol needs watching. :)

Until then, I found the self-timer on my camera today!


Now Pandora's Box has been opened!

Pretty funny stuff, because I couldn't find my camera's instruction book in English and had to read the Spanish version. Pretty proud of myself considering I only speak an elementary level of Spanish. But I guess I read more than I speak...

So, this was fun. I've never been comfortable modeling for anyone, but by myself I felt free enough to try all sorts of goofy things... which have not been uploaded to Flickr, btw. :)

So, yeah. Self-portraits with no camera in them. Maybe once or twice a month for the project.

And I finished a painting this weekend too. I'm still learning and exploring with watercolors and watercolor pencils. This is taken from a photo I took of Maia last summer as she waited anxiously at the end of the driveway for her cousins to arrive. I see lots of room for improvement, but I see where improvement has been made too.

This time the painting is out of the sketchbook and on a larger piece of paper, suitable for framing. I think I'll hang it in Maia's room.
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...