Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Imagine... A Japanese Picnic Table!




I've been playing around with my word this week and, as usual, shooting images for Project 365. As with any sort of art, when you begin to look, you begin to see so differently. Light and shadow have become very important lately and force me to stop in my tracks and run for the camera. It continues to be an interesting project and process... and therefore an interesting life. Such is the pull of living creatively. It is mostly energizing and occasionally exhausting. It is a lifelong learning process and so, for me, it is magnetic and necessary.


I share with you, here, some images from the past week. The only complaint I have about my word so far is that it automatically starts John Lennon's, "Imagine," going in my head. It's going to be a long year if that happens every time!




Today we skipped our P.E. park time in favor of staying home and working on repainting the picnic table in the back yard. The color is an homage to Monet's Japanese bridge in his beautiful garden in Giverny that one day I will hopefully see. I have officially dubbed it "The Japanese Picnic Table."


Maia was a bit concerned about how bright it would be, as she often is with some of her mother's ideas. :) lol! Oh, well. I am happy to be remembered that way! I will share completed table photos in the next post.


Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...