Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Look at our Thanksgiving

Whew! Not only do we bloggers have our homes to consider for the holiday season, but we have our blogs too! I finally got a chance to do a bit of "housekeeping" around here after our long and lovely Thanksgiving weekend. Did all of you have a nice time? I have been busy taking down our Autumn decor (*sigh* - it's been a nice season) and preparing to decorate for Christmas. The first thing to find will be the Advent wreath... now where did I put that?... But first things first!

Mom and Jerry hosted Thanksgiving this year and Mom had such a lovely and festive table!

Jerry found these little statues at Michael's on the teeny-tiny table that was left with Thanksgiving decorations; everything surrounding it was Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!

Oh, but I am glad he found them! I think they are wonderful!



Our host and hostess:
The next day we woke up bright and early for the 6 1/2 hour drive to my uncle and aunt's place in GA. We arrived a little before 1:00 p.m. - just in time for more kitchen preparations for the big, annual, day-after-Thanksgiving, hot dog cook-out!

Aunt Judye and Heather are unloading bag after bag... after bag... of groceries for the big party!

A gorgeous Thanksgiving moon. And how about that lavender sky?

As the sun was setting I had to go out to the field to get some pictures of the children running around with the dogs and playing tag.

I convinced them all to take a break and pose for a picture before the sun went down.


Do you think they are having a good time? :)


And the grown-ups were having some fun too around the bonfire.

Here's the tail end of Little Bit, my aunt and uncle's new dog that showed up and adopted them last month. He was having too much fun to stop and pose for a picture! No one's come to claim him yet; he's a sweet, sweet dog. I hope he'll still be there next year!

Just about time for a hayride...

but we needed sustenance at "S'more Central" first!

After the hayride, it was time for serious, professional entertainment!

Here, the girls and I are singing "Silver Bells."


Just before they left, I got one parting photo with my cousin, Heather. What a nice time we had! I'm already looking forward to next year!

Thank you for stopping by. And now we head into Christmas! :) Hooray!
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...