Thursday, November 29, 2007

Feeling Rushed - a.k.a. Chasing Peace


I am reminded why I take every December off for our homeschooling. Mentally, I am not there. No, I am thinking of getting on-line to order those photos for some gifts and for Christmas cards, I am thinking of the craft supplies I need, when I can get to finishing that knitting project and when I can get to X, Y, or Z. I don't want to be like this, but it seems to creep up on me every year. I think my mind just kind of flips a switch after Thanksgiving every year and my focus just gets puuuulllled away. It's not the kids who are distracted, it's the mom!

Thank goodness November gave us one extra week this year. Even though I feel rushed, I can still say it's November for two more days!

And thank God I won the drawing over at Kelli's place! She was sponsoring a giveaway of Marybeth Whalen's new Christmas eBook, A Recipe for Christmas Joy. That's the cover design up at the top of my post. Her website describes the book as containing, "recipes, ideas, encouragement and thoughts on keeping Jesus at the center of your Christmas celebration. This book was designed to help you find that Christmas JOY your heart is longing for!" Aaaahhh. That sounds just about right! I can't wait to (find the time to) read it! If you'd like to learn more about her book or order your own copy, be sure to visit Marybeth's site at Cheaper by the Half Dozen.

Thanks, Kelli and Marybeth!

In fits and spurts I have been putting the Autumn decorations away and working at cleaning before putting up the new ones hopefully this weekend. Eve was inspired and decided to get a little decorating done herself in the dollhouse. This dollhouse is one that we've had since Maia was two. It's a Fischer-Price dollhouse, but the original family has long since moved out. Currently the Bunny family from Calico Critters of Cloverleaf Corner reside there. It seems they are more festive than the last family and today they decided to put up their tree.

I found a pattern for the tree at Enchanted Learning. Don't you just love that wonderful site? They have many wonderful craft ideas over there for this time of year - and really all year round too! Eve spent some time gluing on the decorations this afternoon and now it's front and center in the Bunnys' new home.



Some day I'd love to have my own dollhouse to do seasonal decorating... and miniatures making... and designing... Every time this time of year I get that old familiar longing. My wish was almost granted last Christmas. Paul even drove out to the dollhouse store that was a half hour away only to find that they had closed shop. :( He got me my well-loved iPod instead, so I can't complain, but I still think that some day...

Well, I'm off to Snapfish to do some photo ordering. Hope you're enjoying these last November days and keeping a peaceful countenance about you! :)
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...