Monday, August 27, 2007

A New School Year


Hello everyone and welcome to the week!

First, I would like to thank everyone for stopping by and leaving all the comments about my planner. :) It's funny to me that organization is such a hot topic, but I guess among women, it just is. I know it always interests me!

Today was the first day of our new school year. Eve is in 3rd grade now and Maia 6th. Eve was definitely excited for the day, jumping out of bed first thing this morning and ready to dive into her new school clothes as well as subjects. Maia came a bit more slowly - a bit more begrudgingly - to the table. It's not that she dislikes school, but more that she just loves her free time. Overall, we've had a great day, though. Maia was pleasantly surprised that her new writing course may actually be - gulp - fun?! And Eve's new favorite subject is typing!

We take a "first-day-of-school" photo every year in their new school outfit:






This past weekend I participated in the World Sketch Crawl with some of the Creative Mom Podcast listeners. Having spent most of my summer caught up in knitting, it was fun to get my pencils out again and do a bit of sketching.


I haven't had a lot of time recently to surf around the blog world myself, but I hope to stop by old friends' and new friends' places alike this week. Thanks for coming by here and catching up with me!
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...