Friday, August 17, 2007

Feelin' the Love and Random Bits

Today is just a collection of odds and ends from the week. I'm thinking of doing a bit of sidebar work around here today, as I think I ought to spiff things up around here as I get closer and closer to my one year anniversary of blogging. :)

We picked up this book earlier this week at the Goodwill bookstore:

I never pass up anything like this, because my girls absolutely love polymer clay! Most children we've ever had come visit us love the stuff too and quickly get quietly absorbed in their creations.

The books are important though, I think, because otherwise there tends to be a lot of just ball rolling and color blending going on. Not that those things won't eventually lead to something, but the books give so many wonderful ideas that the children begin creating right away.

I never concern myself with the children "copying" from a book. They learn techniques in this way and then the original ideas begin to flow. Primary colors, along with white and black are inexpensive and easy to start with and make really nice birthday presents for your children to give or receive. Michael's often has sales on polymer clays and themed, small kits are available too, that come with instruction sheets.

We were fortunate enough to get our books used at a garage sale and the Goodwill. I know the Klutz books are widely available at toy and book stores. The book on the top in the picture above actually originally came with clay, but we just went and got our own. I would suspect that a good place to find these books used, if you are so inclined, would be to look at the used offerings on Amazon.

Polymer clay is fun for big people too, but heaven knows I don't need another hobby right now!! LOL! I'm happy enough to fuel my children's creative flames and see what develops!


And here we have Einstein:

He is our neighbors' dog and he will be having a sleepover with us tonight while his family takes a short, overnight trip out of town. We invited him over yesterday to have a good sniff about the place so that he won't be too nervous tonight. And sniff he did!

He was not willing to stop to have his photo taken!

Oh, and just LOOK at this delicious picture sent to me by my brother-in-law (I like to call him BIL)! This is baby Celia that my family and I welcomed into the world back in May. She's just SO cute and I long to hold her again! See how she always has her little hands open - even when she sleeps? Her mama and daddy say she's got "Fossey jazz hands!" It makes sense though, because her mama-turned-lawyer's undergrad degree was in theater!
And how about that leopard-print diaper cover?

Celiea's mommy tells me that after she eats, she doesn't like to be held and fussed over. She needs room to digest. You know, stretch out a bit after a big meal and a full tummy. So she likes to kick back in her Boppy for a while to let things settle.

Finally, Lisa graced me with yet another award this week! Wow, Lisa, thank you so much! I love my Ozzie friends!


The award was started by Bella-Enchanted

"This award will be awarded to those that are just nice people, good blog friends and those that inspire good feelings and inspiration! Those that care about others that are there to lend support or those that are just a positive influence in our blogging world! I am naming this award the Nice Matters Blog Award I will begin my naming a few of those that I feel deserve this award and I would like for those awarded to name 7 others."

My awards go to:

TaunaLen
Andrea
Kelli
Jewels
Barb
Kathleen
Aimee

Whew! That's all I've got in me today, folks! Have a great weekend and may God's blessings be upon you and your families. :)
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...