Saturday, June 30, 2007

Overture, Dim the Lights



Overture, dim the lights,
this is it; the night of nights!
No more rehearsing and nursing the part.
We know every part by heart!

Overture, dim the lights,
this is it; we'll hit the heights!
And, oh, what heights we'll hit!

On with the show this is it!!

I was a big "Bugs Bunny" fan growing up. Do you know this opening song from the Saturday morning show from the late 70's and early 80's? My sibs and I were die-hard viewers! This morning, on the way to her 11:30 a.m. cast call, I was singing this song to Maia. I know it made me more excited than it did her, because she didn't really know what it was about. But I loved it. I sang it three times! :)

This was Maia's first play and she loved every minute of it. I am going to make a more concerted effort to see about any community theater productions she may be able to be a part of this next theater season. It will mean driving for me. I can't say I will like that at all, but this is a passion of my girl's and I want to nurture it if I can.

Maia was and "alley cat." That's her, strutting her stuff, on the right side of Thomas O' Malley.

Posing, dead center here, for cast photos.
We surprised her with flowers, of course!



My brother and his two boys are here for the next week. That will make the let-down from the post-production time a bit easier to take. We're off to Busch Gardens tomorrow and we've got a number of adventures planned for the week. It ought to be fun.


Hope you all have a great weekend! We're off to swim at Grandma's!
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...